Find here the Minister of Housing and Diversity and Inclusion (Ahmed Hussen)’s mandate letter.
Food system priorities within this mandate include:
• Overarching goal to help ensure Canadians can get a home of their own, through work to improve housing affordability and end chronic homelessness.
• Engage with Indigenous partners early to begin the co-development of an Urban, Rural and Northern Indigenous Housing Strategy.
• Continue the Government’s rights-based approach to housing.
• Continue to strengthen and support the important work of the Federal Anti-Racism Secretariat to ensure a whole-of-government approach in addressing systemic racism, including through increased resources.
• Swiftly move forward to implement the Black-led Philanthropic Endowment Fund to support Black-led and Black-serving community organizations.
• Work with colleagues across government to continue building on the spirit of the United Nations International Decade for People of African Descent, by developing policies and projects that tackle discrimination and unconscious bias in public and private institutions, including anti-Black racism.