Find here the Minister of Families, Children And Social Development (Karina Gould)’s mandate letter.
Priorities related to food systems in the letter:
• Work with the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and with provinces, territories, municipalities, Indigenous partners and stakeholders to develop a National School Food Policy and to work toward a national school nutritious meal program.
• Through the delivery of Canada’s Poverty Reduction Strategy and other measures, continue leading implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by the United Nations.
• Immediate priority to build a Canada-wide Early Learning and Child Care system, and work with Indigenous partners to implement a culturally appropriate Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care system.
• Continue advancing the Social Innovation and Social Finance strategy, including fully implementing the Social Finance Fund and launching the Social Innovation Advisory Council.
• Enhance the capacity and effectiveness of Black-led and Black-serving organizations through the continued implementation of the Supporting Black Canadian Communities Initiative.