The People’s Food Policy: Building Momentum from the Grassroots to the UN
Join us for a Food Secure Canada teleconference call on April 18, 2012 at 2:00 pm ET
From May 6 to 16, the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, Olivier de Schutter, will be conducting a formal country mission to Canada (more information) – his first in an OECD country. He will be looking at issues that matter deeply to the food movement in Canada including: poverty, Aboriginal peoples and the right to food, organization of food chains, governance and international development, trade and investment.
His visit is an opportunity to put our movement’s solutions on the public agenda. Resetting the Table: A People’s Food Policy for Canada will be mailed to all MPs prior to the UN enquiry. This is a golden opportunity to get our ideas in the media, in the House of Commons, and to bring your community’s food issue to the national agenda.
Let’s kick the People’s Food Policy back into high gear!!!
Please join us for a teleconference meeting to:
- Share what you’ve been doing with the PFP, and be inspired by others;
- Get an update on the UN Mission and how this can advance our work for healthy, just, ecological food systems in Canada;
- Contribute your ideas and energy towards this campaign, and learn about our plans to engage elected representatives
When: April 18th, 2012 - 2:00 – 3:30 pm EST
Where: Teleconference - please sign up below to receive call in information.
If you are unable to attend and would like to share your thoughts, please post them here.
To receive monthly news from Food Secure Canada about how you can get involved in working for a healthy, just and ecological food policy and food system, click here.
- About Us
- What's New
- Get Involved
- Northern Food Network
- Provincial / Territorial Food Networks
- Local and Sustainable Food Systems Network
- Children and Food Network
- YOUTH CAUCUS
- Community Academic Collaborative
- Learn More
- Become a Member